How to complete form DCI1
Complete the following details in the top section of the form called ‘Originating office details’
- your name in the ‘Contact name’ box
- your telephone number in the ‘Full phone number’ box
- your office details in the ‘Office code and full office address’ box
- ‘Tax Credits’ in the ‘Benefit type’ box
Note: Do not enter anything in the ‘Housing benefit signature’ box.
then, complete the following details for the customer who does not have a NINO in Part 1 of the ‘Customer details’ section
- customer’s surname
- customer’s first name and other names
- customer’s full address and post code
- customer’s telephone number
- customer’s date of birth
- tick the ‘Entitled to benefit’ box
- tick the appropriate ‘Male’ or ‘Female’ box.
Note: In the ‘Additional information’ box, provide as much information as possible to help DWP/ Department for Communities (DfC) make their decision. For example, ‘Paperwork seen advising limited leave to remain - no recourse to public funds’.
Note: If the customer without a NINO has a partner on the claim, take the following action in the ‘Additional Information’ box.
- enter the partners details, even though you may be completing a separate form DCI1 for the partner to obtain a NINO
- make sure you state whether this person already has a NINO and provide any other information that may help DWP/DfC make their decision.