How to check for a new baby in the household
Changes to previous version - new guidance
On the ‘Function Menu’
- select ‘Application’ on the toolbar
- select ‘Correction’ from the options available. You will be taken to the ‘Key Entry Data - Applicant’ screen
- enter the customer’s NINO
- select the ‘Latest’ checkbox
- select ‘OK’. You will be taken to the ‘Applicant Details’ screen
- select ‘Ch’ on the toolbar. You will be taken to the ‘Child Details’ screen
- where there is a new baby. it will have a date of birth in the tax year you are dealing with.
For example: If you are dealing with tax year 2008-2009 a new baby will have been born during the period 6 April 2008 to 5 April 2009.