How to remove a Payment Suspension marker
Changes to previous version - new guidance
On the ‘Function Menu’
- select ‘Payments’ on the toolbar
- Select ‘Maintain Suspension’ from the options available. You will be taken to the ‘Key Entry Data’ screen
- enter the customer’s NINO
- select the ‘All’ checkbox
- select ‘OK’.
If you are taken to the ‘Select Household’ screen
- select the relevant household
- select ‘OK’. You will be taken to the ‘Maintain Payment Suspension’ screen
- go to .
If you are taken straight to the ‘Maintain Payment Suspension’ screen, go to .
On the ‘Maintain Payment Suspension’ screen
- select the appropriate reason in the ‘Suspensions Currently Set’ field
- select ‘Remove’.
If the message ‘The suspension reason you selected cannot be removed manually’ displays
- the ‘Payment Suspension’ marker can’t be removed manually. It will be removed automatically when the appropriate change has been processed
- select ‘OK’
- refer the case to your Technical Advice Line Liaison Officer (TALLO).
If the message ‘The suspension reason you selected cannot be removed manually’ doesn’t display, select ‘OK’. The ‘Payment Suspension’ marker will have been removed.
If the last payment suspension reason has been removed
- the message ‘Are you sure you wish to re-instate payments to this applicant?’ will display
- select ‘Yes’.
Note: Removing the last or only payment suspension reason prompts re-profiling of the payment schedule. Any payments due to be paid to the customer will be issued immediately.