How to manually calculate a WTC only complex case where there hasn’t been a change of circumstances
Changes to previous version - new guidance.
Note: You must only follow this guidance if you are dealing with a WTC upfront complex case and calculating an award for WTC only whilst waiting for verification of the children from the OMS.
To calculate the amount of upfront WTC
- access the SEES ‘Tax Credits Entitlement Calculator’
- select the relevant year from the options available in the ‘Year’ field
- enter the customer’s name in the ‘Claimant(s) Name(s)’ field
- select ‘Enter Details of Elements Awarded’
- when the message ‘Is this calculator being used to provide an estimate of entitlement to a customer?’ displays, select ‘No’. You will be taken to the ‘Enter details of elements awarded below’ screen
- enter the effective date of the claim in the ‘Effective Date of Claim/CoCs’ field
- enter the previous year (PY) income for the person living in the UK only in the ‘Latest Total PY Income’ field
- select ‘Yes’ in the ‘Basic’ field
- select ‘Yes’ in the ‘30 hour’ field
Note: Don’t enter any other elements even if they’re shown on the claim.
- select ‘Calc’ on the ‘Tax Credits Entitlement Calculator’ toolbar. You have manually calculated a WTC only complex case where there has been no change of circumstances.