How to check if the Child Benefit claim indicator has been set
Using the start menu
- select ‘My Services’ on the toolbar
- select the ‘Corporate Services’ folder
- select the ‘Tax Credits’ folder
- select the ‘Opstrat Services’ icon twice in quick succession. You will be taken to the ‘HMRC Login’ screen
- select ‘OK’. You will be taken to the ‘MFS-RENG’ screen
- select ‘Services’ on the toolbar followed by the first ‘CBE2’ option containing ‘101280’. You will be taken to the ‘Enter Password’ screen
- enter your password
- select ‘Enter’. You will be taken to the ‘Dialogue Menu’
Note: The cursor will already be in the ‘Next Item’ field.
- enter the customer’s Child Benefit reference number in the ‘Next Item’ field
Note: You must use capitals for the letters in the reference number.
- place your cursor in the ‘Next Dialogue’ field
Note: You can use the ‘Tab’ key to move your cursor into the appropriate field.
- enter ‘4’ in the ‘Next Dialogue’ field
- select the ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard. You will be taken into the customer’s Child Benefit record
Note: If you receive a test check message, you must follow the e-test check Policy and User Guide. This can be found by accessing the HMRC Intranet Home page, select ‘B’ on the A-Z index, select ‘Benefits & Credits’, select ‘E’ on the A-Z index, select ‘E-test check policy and user guide’ and complete the ‘B&C E-Test Check form’ hyperlink on that page.
- at the bottom left of the screen you will see the word ‘Claim’, look at the date next to the word ‘Claim’. This is the date the claim was captured on the Child Benefit computer and confirms that the claim indicator has been set.
Note: The claim indicator will only be set if the claim has not yet been awarded.
Note: If the claim indicator has not been set, the word ‘Claim’ will not be shown.
Note: If the claim has been awarded, the word ‘Claim’ will be replaced with the word ‘Corres’.