How to lift the suspension marker if manual payments have been posted incorrectly
Note: Cash cheques may have been used as a payment method prior to April 2017, however since April 2017 customers will need to be paid directly into a bank or building society account. Customers will be required to supply us with account details to enable payments to be made.
On the ‘Function Menu’
- select ‘Household’ on the toolbar
- select ‘View Overpayment’ from the options available. You will be taken to the ‘key Entry Data - View Overpayment’ screen
- enter the customer’s NINO
- select the ‘All’ checkbox
- select ‘OK’. You will be taken to the ‘Select Award’ screen
- select the relevant tax year
- select ‘OK’. You will be taken to the ‘View Overpayment’ screen
- select ‘Maintain Dispute’. You will be taken to the ‘Maintain Dispute’ screen
- in the ‘Resolution Details’ field select ‘Correction / COC applied’ from the ‘dispute resolution reason’ drop down menu. This will lift the suspension
- select ‘OK’.