Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what this means

HMRC internal manual

Tax Credits Manual

HM Revenue & Customs
, see all updates

How to lift the suspension marker if cashcheques have been posted incorrectly

Version 1.0

Changes to previous version - new guidance

Step 1

On the ‘Function Menu’

  • select ‘Household’ on the toolbar
  • select ‘View Overpayment’ from the options available. You will be taken to the ‘key Entry Data - View Overpayment’ screen
  • enter the customer’s NINO
  • select the ‘All’ checkbox
  • select ‘OK’. You will be taken to the ‘Select Award’ screen
  • select the relevant tax year
  • select ‘OK’. You will be taken to the ‘View Overpayment’ screen
  • select ‘Maintain Dispute’. You will be taken to the ‘Maintain Dispute’ screen
  • in the ‘Resolution Details’ field select ‘Correction / COC applied’ from the ‘dispute resolution reason’ drop down menu. This will lift the suspension
  • select ‘OK’.