How to recall a BACS payment
You should check the other guidance available on GOV.UK from HMRC as Brexit updates to those pages are being prioritised before manuals.
Note: Complete the ‘BACS Recall Request’ form.
On the ‘Function Menu’
- select ‘Household’ on the toolbar
- select ‘View Account’ from the options available. You’ll be taken to the ‘Key Entry Data’ screen
- enter the customer’s NINO
- select the ‘Latest’ checkbox
- select the ‘Payment Schedule’ checkbox
- select ‘OK’. You’ll be taken to the ‘View Direct Payment Schedule’ screen, which shows a list of
- payment amounts
- the dates due and issued
- the status
- select the latest date in the ‘Issued Date’ column with ‘Paid’ in the ‘Payment Status’ column
- copy the details from the following columns onto the ‘BACS Recall Request’ form
- ‘Due Date’
- ‘Issued Date’
- ‘Net Amount’
- select ‘OK’. You’ll be taken to the ‘View BACS Details’ screen
- copy the details from the following fields into the relevant boxes on the ‘BACS Recall Request’ form
- ‘Sort Code’
- ‘Account No’
- ‘Account Name’
- ‘Building Society Ref’, if available
- ‘PMF Payment Reference’
- include the reason for recall as
‘Complex Case - Entitlement manually calculated and payments manually maintained by Complex Case Team, Washington’
- enter your name and contact phone number into the relevant boxes on the ‘BACS Recall Request’ form
- go to Step 2.
Email the completed form
(This content has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000)
Note: Make sure the request reaches the Bank Liaison Team by 11:00 on the day before the date in the ‘Due Date’ column shown on the ‘View Direct Payment Schedule’ screen.
- you’ve now requested the recall of the BACS payment.