How to check if a new claim is from the same customer household as an existing claim
Changes to previous version - new guidance
Note: In a two-person claim you will need to carry out the actions below for both customers.
On the ‘Function Menu’
- select ‘Application’ on the toolbar
- select ‘View’ from the options available. You will be taken to the ‘Key Entry Data - Applicant’ screen
- enter the customer’s NINO
- select the ‘Latest’ checkbox
- select ‘OK’.
If you are taken to the ‘Select Application Version’ screen
- select the relevant claim
Note: If there is more than one claim you will have to select each claim in turn to check the customer’s details.
- select ‘OK’. You will be taken to the ‘Application Summary’ screen
- go to .
If you are taken straight to the ‘Application Summary’ screen, go to .
The ‘Application Summary’ screen will show the personal details of customer 1 and, if there is one, customer 2
- compare the customer’s personal details shown on the tax credits computer with the details you hold to see if they are an exact match. If they are an exact match, the new claim is from the same customer as an existing claim.