How to calculate recovered debt to be repaid, following a bankruptcy order
Note: Before taking any action make a note of the date that the Bankruptcy Order (BY) was granted.
- go to function ‘Household’
- select ‘View Account’
- enter the customers national insurance number (NINO)
- select ‘All’
- select ‘OK’
- select the earliest award period that would cover the date of the ‘BY’
- check for the amount in the ‘Recovered from this award’ field
If there is an amount, go to
If there is not an amount, go to .
- Select ‘Schedule’
- check the ‘Issue Date’ field for the first date on or after the date of the ‘BY’ order
- check for an amount in the ‘Amount Recovered’ fields
If there is an amount in the ‘Amount Recovered’ field, go to
If there is not an amount in the ‘Amount Recovered’ field, go to .
Note: Do not include suspended or future payments not yet made. Only paid amounts are to be checked and included.
- make a note of the amount
- repeat checking for recovered amounts until the rest of the paid amounts have been checked, and any amounts noted
- go to .
- Cancel out of this award version, then select the next applicable award version
- repeat the process from the last item in until all the award versions affected by the ‘BY’ order have been checked
- when all award versions have been checked and the amounts noted, add all the amounts together
- the total amount will be issued to the customer as a payment
- return to the guidance you were following