How to calculate recovered debt to be repaid, following a bankruptcy order
Note: Before taking any action make a note of the date that the Bankruptcy Order (BY) was granted.
- go to function ‘Household’
- select ‘View Account’
- enter the customers national insurance number (NINO)
- select ‘All’
- select ‘OK’
- select the earliest award period that would cover the date of the ‘BY’
- check for the amount in the ‘Recovered from this award’ field
If there is an amount, go to Step 2
If there is not an amount, go to Step 4.
- Select ‘Schedule’
- check the ‘Issue Date’ field for the first date on or after the date of the ‘BY’ order
- check for an amount in the ‘Amount Recovered’ fields
If there is an amount in the ‘Amount Recovered’ field, go to Step 3
If there is not an amount in the ‘Amount Recovered’ field, go to Step 4.
Note: Do not include suspended or future payments not yet made. Only paid amounts are to be checked and included.
- make a note of the amount
- repeat checking for recovered amounts until the rest of the paid amounts have been checked, and any amounts noted
- go to Step 4.
- Cancel out of this award version, then select the next applicable award version
- repeat the process from the last item in Step 1 until all the award versions affected by the ‘BY’ order have been checked
- when all award versions have been checked and the amounts noted, add all the amounts together
- the total amount will be issued to the customer as a payment
- return to the guidance you were following