How to amend PY and PY-1 income details
Note: RTI was introduced from April 2014. Income type ‘R’ denotes income has been recorded from RTI.
On the ‘Function Menu’
- select ‘Application’ on the toolbar
- select ‘Correction’ from the options available
- select ‘Income’ on the toolbar. You will be taken to the ‘Income’ screen
- on the ‘Income’ screen, amend the PY income details with the details provided on the Annual Declaration (AD) that you have just noted in function ‘View S17 Details’ or the details that the customer has provided or the income figure you have determined should be used (using your best judgement)
- follow the relevant Changes guidance
Note: Delete any PY and / or PY-1 information from the computer that is not shown on the AD. This will ensure that only the income details declared by the customer on their AD are held on the computer, and the award will therefore be finalised correctly.
- select the ‘OK’ button. You will be taken to the ‘Amend Finish’ screen
- enter the date the notification of the change was received
- enter the source of the change for example telephone or paper
- select ‘OK’. The computer will automatically accept the amendment.