How to tell if an annual declaration is incomplete
Changes to previous version - new guidance
On the ‘Function Menu’
- select ‘Renewals’ on the toolbar
- select ‘Capture Renewal Declaration’ from the options available. You will be taken to the ‘Key Entry Data - Renewal Declaration’ screen
- enter the customer’s NINO
- select ‘OK’. You will be taken to the ‘Select Household’ screen
- select the relevant household from the options available
- select ‘OK’. You will be taken to the ‘Income Benefits’ screen
Note: An annual declaration is incomplete for PY when one or more of the following has not been provided by the customer - a tick in one of the benefit fields or an income figure in one of the income fields.
- select ‘continue’. You will be taken to the ‘Declaration’ screen.
Note: An annual declaration is incomplete when the customer has not provided a ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ answer in the ‘SOC Correct’ field.
Note: An annual declaration can also be incomplete for PY-1 when the customer has not been provided an income figure in one of the income fields for PY-1.
Note: If PY-1 income is required the ‘PY-1’ button is enabled, select ‘PY-1’ to go to the PY-1 Income screen.
Note: An earnings amount is also expected when only Company Benefits has been entered in the income fields for both PY or PY-1.
Note: Zero is only accepted as an income figure for self employed or other income.
Note: An Incomplete work item can sometimes populate when the above criteria is met but the information given is not in an acceptable format.
Note: An acceptable format is where the system and or an operator can determine what the information provided actually is.
Note: Both answers to the personal circumstances box have been ticked.