Stopping tax credits: work lists (unfinalised): appeal
Before you follow this guidance, make sure you
- have the correct user roles to follow this guidance. Use the B&C Roles and Access Catalogue. You can find this by going to the Benefits & Credits homepage, selecting ‘R’ on the B&C A-Z index, selecting ‘Roles and Access Process’, selecting ‘Roles & Access Catalogue’ from the Related links menu
- are in the correct MU. Use TCM0322460 for the correct MU number.
A work list item will populate the Unfinalised IYS17 work list when the customer has not returned their Award Declaration by the In Year Specified Date (IYSD) and there is a reason why the tax credits computer can’t finalise UY (the tax year in which the UC Start Date minus 1 day falls).
The tax credits computer cannot finalise UY as the Appeal marker has been set. When the appeal is complete, the Appeal marker will be removed before the case is manually finalised.
Note: When sending customer, staff or process data to another individual or team, make sure you follow the latest data security guidelines or contact the Data Guardian or Data Security Team for advice.
Access the ‘Unfinalised IYS17’ work list to determine if the Unfinalised work item is a single-entry work item or a multi-entry work item. For how to do this, use TCM1000601.
If the Unfinalised work item is a multi-entry work item
- transfer the work list item to the appropriate MU. Use TCM0322460 for the correct MU number. For how to do this, use TCM1000023
- go to Step 3
If the Unfinalised work item is a single-entry work item
- follow the guidance in TCM0354160
then, if instructed
- return to this guidance and go to Step 2.
Determine whether the Award Declaration is Reply Required or Auto Finalisation. For how to do this, use TCM1000585.
Note: When the Appeal has been resolved, the Appeals team will ‘Finalise’ the UY award.
If the Award Declaration was Auto Finalisation
- go to Step 3
If the Award Declaration was Reply Required
- no further action.
Note: If this Household Note does not cover the action you have taken, record any additional action using the ‘General’ category.
- take no further action.