Stopping Tax Credits - In Year Finalisation: miscellaneous- maintain in year finalisation function (info)
When using Maintain In Year Finalisation function, you will be able to manage all aspects of the In Year Finalisation (IYF) of a Tax Credit (TC) claim, following migration of a customer to Universal Credit (UC).
The year being In Year Finalised, which will be the year that a Universal Credit claim was made this is known as Tax Year (UY).
Maintain In Year Finalisation function can be entered at any time providing the claim has been selected for In Year Finalisation.
This function will allow you to perform a number of activities, as follows:
- disregard all replies to an IYS17 Notice that has been marked ‘Superseded’
- disregard an individual reply to an IYS17 Notice (subject to reply status)
- set an inhibition to prevent automatic Finalisation of an IYS17 reply
- remove a previously set inhibition on Finalisation of an IYS17 reply where the reason for inhibiting has ended
- extend the IY finalisation inhibition expiry date
- extend the IY Specified Date (IYSD)
- record an IYS17 Notice as ‘not served’
- record the date the UY Finalised Award Notice is manually issued
- capture and/or amendment of actual UY Income
- manually Finalise a UY Award using the information available
- record a Manual Issue Date for a system issued IYS17 Notice
Note: Some of the actions above are restricted by operator role. This is determined using roles and access, to check use the B&C Roles and Access Catalogue. You can find this by going to the Benefits & Credits homepage, selecting ‘R’ on the B&C A-Z index, selecting ‘Roles and Access Process’, selecting ‘Roles & Access Catalogue’ from the Related links menu.