Stopping Tax Credits - In Year Finalisation (A-K) - household breakdown date reported which is before UC start date: UY unfinalised
Before you follow this guidance, make sure you
- follow the guidance in TCM0346560
- have the correct user roles to follow this guidance.
- are in the correct MU. Use TCM0322460 for the correct MU number
This process is for joint claims that are undergoing In Year Finalisation (IYF) where a household breakdown has been reported which is before the UC start date resulting in the income assessment period changing. The IYS17 Notice has been issued. UY is unfinalised.
Note: When sending customer, staff or process data to another individual or team, make sure you follow the latest data security guidelines or contact the Data Guardian or Data Security Team for advice.
Check to see if a full reply to the IYS17 has been received. To do this, use TCM1000586
If a full reply has not been received - go to Step 2
If a full reply has been received - go to Step 3
Enter household breakdown date. For how to do this, use TCM1000222
- the original joint IYS17 will now be marked ‘not served’
- a household note will automatically be populated
- go to Step 7.
Check to see if UY has been finalised. To do this use, TCM1000594
If UY has been finalised - follow guidance TCM0346320
If UY has not been finalised - go to Step 4.
Open a separate maintainer and check to see if there is an Unprocessed IYS17 work list item. For how to do this use, TCM1000409.
If there is no Unprocessed IYS17 work item - go to Step 5.
Open a separate maintainer and check to see if there is an Unfinalised IYS17 work list item. For how to do this use, TCM1000409.
If there is no Unfinalised IYS17 work item - go to Step 6.
Check to see if the customer’s In Year Specified Date (IYSD) has passed. For how to do this, use TCM1000590
If the IYSD has passed - follow guidance in TCM0346280
If today’s date is on or before the IYSD
- disregard the returned IYS17. For how to do this, use TCM0338040
- enter household breakdown date. For how to do this, use TCM1000222
- go to Step 7.
Check to see if the tax credits system holds the correct address details for both customers.
If the tax credits system shows the correct address for both customers a new IYS17 Notice will be issued to both customers for the new income assessment period
- update household notes with message TI14 from TCM0174020. For how to do this use, TCM1000001
- take no further action.
If the tax credits system does not show the correct address for both customers
- update address for the customer who has reported the household breakdown only. For how to do this use, TCM0036040
- mark the second customer as RLS. For how to do this use, TCM1000031
- a new IYS17 Notice will be issued to the customer not marked RLS
- update household notes with the message TI15
- await return of the issued IYS17
- await RLS update for the second customer
- no further action.
Note: We are unable to accept updated details for the second customer from the customer reporting the household breakdown. RLS address details can only be updated if the RLS customer gets in touch or by operator action to clear the RLS work list entry.