Specialist areas - Specialist Trace: Specialist Trace Unit - IT systems (Info)
Child Benefit Index (CBIX)
This system can be used to search for the Child Benefit reference number using the
- child’s name and date of birth
- customer’s name and address
- the first three letters of the surname and the first letter of the child’s forename.
Child Benefit Online (CBOL) System
Enter the Child Benefit reference number to check whether
- Child Benefit Office holds a NINO for the customer or child
- the children’s details are correct.
Access to DWP Data (ADD)
This system holds records for everyone who has a National Insurance number (NINO) and details of any benefits that have been, or are, in payment to them. The following screens can be found on the ADD system. There is a brief description for each of how and why you use it.
- this screen is used to view an individual’s personal and benefit details and, if applicable, details of their partner.
this screen is used to trace a NINO using a combination of
- date of birth or approximate date of birth
- possible NINO
- post code.
this is used to trace details of all NINOs that have had an interest at an address by using a combination of
- post code
- building name and number
A successful trace allows you to view Occupancy History details, which shows details of individuals who have used an address.