Specialist areas: Rapid Data Capture: death of a customer - referrals to Priority 1 team - Netherton only (AG)
Whilst sorting through correspondence, staff at Netherton must identify any correspondence where the death of a customer is reported. A death may be reported
- in a letter
- by a copy of the death certificate
- on a form or award notice - for example, TC600, TC602, TC603D or TC603D2.
Where notification of the death of a customer is identified, Netherton staff must
- mark the front of the claim form ‘Priority 1 Team’ in red ink
- send the claim form and any attached correspondence in a polylope to the Priority 1 Team.
Note: You mustn’t attempt to capture the claim on the computer.
To refer notification of the death of a customer to the Priority 1 Team, consider steps 1 to 2.
Don’t attempt to capture the claim on the computer, instead
- clearly mark the front of the claim form and any accompanying correspondence ‘Priority 1 Team’ in red ink, if this hasn’t already been done
- go to Step 2.
Put the claim form and any accompanying correspondence in a polylope and send them to the Tax Credit Office Priority 1 Team (This content has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000) .