Specialist areas: Rapid Data Capture: Rapid Data Capture (Introduction)
The RDC Processing Centre at Netherton is staffed by ASPIRE and HMRC employees.
Completed tax credits claim forms and correspondence will be returned to Netherton and ASPIRE staff will sort and separate the post, but not date stamp it.
ASPIRE staff will then
- scan as many of the tax credit claim forms as possible
pass the following unscanned documents to HMRC staff
- claims made on old versions of the claim pack that ask for 2001-2002 income
- claims with attachments
claims with TC600A forms, including claims that have
- more than one TC600A form
- been received with a TC600A form but the barcodes don’t match
been received with a TC600A form but the barcode is damaged in some way and the two forms can’t be linked and scanned together
- special needs claims
- claims that fail the minimum data
- claims that contain more than eight critical errors
- other correspondence (including TC600A forms received without a claim form).
Note: Claims with critical errors will have been scanned but the information won’t have been stored.
Note: If a claim has been successfully scanned an exact image of the paper claim will be available.
HMRC staff will
- establish if a claim with an attachment needs further work or whether the attachment can be removed and the claim returned to be scanned
forward the following claims for manual capture
- special needs
- exceptions due to more than eight critical errors
- claims with more than one TC600A form
- claims received with a TC600A form but the barcodes don’t match
- claims received with a TC600A form but the barcode is damaged and the two forms can’t be linked and scanned together
- redirect other correspondence to the appropriate office. TC600A forms received without a corresponding TC600 are included in this category
- try and obtain the minimum data set where this is missing.