Renewals - change of circumstances: Renewals - family break-up - TCO only
Before you follow this guidance, make sure
- you follow the guidance in TCM0138020
- you have the correct user roles to follow this guidance.
- you follow the guidance in TCM0262120
- you are in the correct MU. Use TCM0322460 for the correct MU number.
This guidance must be followed when a family break-up in the renewal period is reported, in order to ensure the appropriate notifications are sent to the customers.
Note: If the customer has previously been part of a joint claim and is now a single customer or intends to make a single claim, personal information from up to the date of the end of the joint claim will be issued to both customers during the renewal period.
If the customer has indicated in the correspondence that this may put them at risk of domestic violence
- set the manual correspondence marker, for how to do this follow the guidance in TCM1000063
- action the household breakdown, if applicable. For how to do this, follow the guidance in TCM0036100
- set the retained domestic violence household note. For how to do this, use TCM0154040
Note: When sending customer, staff or process data to another individual or team, make sure you follow the latest data security guidelines or contact the Data Guardian or Data Security Team for advice.
Check if the Annual declaration has already been marked as not served. For how to do this, use TCM1000010.
If the Annual Declaration has already been marked as not served, return to the guidance you were previously following.
If the Annual Declaration has not already been marked as not served. go to Step 2.
Check the status of the Annual Declaration. For how to do this, use TCM1000025.
If the award is finalised, go to Step 3.
If the status is not finalised, go to Step 4.
Check the correspondence to establish if the household breakdown was in PY or CY.
If the Household breakdown was in PY, PY-1 or earlier
- follow the guidance in TCM0042240
- take no further action.
If the Household breakdown was in CY, go to Step 4.
End the entitlement of the family
- follow the guidance in TCM0036100
Note: If contact with the customer is necessary as part of ending the family, you should tell the customer that a signed Annual Declaration must be completed by their 1SD.
- return to this guidance.
If the status was not issued, not returned or finalised, go to Step 7.
Note: The tax credits computer will automatically ‘mark as not served’ on a joint claim when the S17 has been issued but not returned and a HHBD date has been applied and CY is not renewals terminated and we are before 1SD.
If the status was ‘Returned’, ‘S17 Logged’, ‘Partial Capture’ or ‘Duplicate’, go to Step 5.
Disregard the Annual Declaration. For how to do this, use TCM1000464
- go to Step 6.
Mark as not served. For how to do this, use TCM1000103
Note: In a joint claim, you must mark both customers as ‘not served’.
- update Household Notes with the message SV04 from TCM0172080. For how to do this, use TCM1000001
- go to Step 7.
Close the document on DMS. For how to do this use TCM1000037
- take no further action.