Payment - returned or not received: BACS payment missing (Info)
If a customer reports to a Contact Centre or Enquiry Centre that they haven’t received a payment into their account, they’ll complete a referral form.
You’ll receive the referral form by email. You must
- contact the customer to investigate the reason for the payment not being received and to verify and correct the account details
- refer the claim to the Bank Liaison Team for a more detailed investigation.
Once you’ve investigated the reason for the missing BACS payment, you’ll have the option to
- record the failed payment
- suspend payments
- refer the case to the Bank Liaison Team for advice
- reissue or replace the payment.
Note: If the missing BACS payment is for a Post Office card account, customers must be referred to the Post Office card account Helpline on 0845 7223344.
There is an Action Guide for this subject, select TCM0236060 to access it