Payment - payment profile: Payment profile - suspended payments (Info)
Where payment has been suspended using another function, payments will only be reinstated where the suspension was for the following reasons
- Bacs - bank details were found to be invalid and suspension was set automatically or manually
- cashcheque - the customer’s address was found to be RLS and suspension was set automatically
- cashcheque - bank details not supplied within required time period
Note: Cashcheque payments will only be paid for a limited period, normally four weeks.
- ‘Validate Large Payments’ (VLP) - quality check
- any method where payment was suspended because of the death of the customer.
If the recipient’s bank account details have been changed any entries on the ‘Applicant Failed Payment’ work list for payments to this customer will be deleted.
If there is a Bacs payment suspension set for this customer from the previous payment profile, the Bacs payment schedule will be reinstated for the new account details.
If there is a suspended cashcheque payment schedule and bank account details have been entered or changed for the recipient, then payment will be reinstated as a Bacs payment schedule for the new account. Any entries on the ‘Applicant Failed Payment’ work list will be deleted.
If there is a suspended cashcheque payment schedule and the recipient’s address or address status has changed, then the cashcheque payment schedule will be reinstated. Any entries on the ‘Applicant Failed Payment’ work list will be deleted.
However. if ‘RLS’ payment suspension is removed and the recipient’s address updated but the ‘no bank account details’ suspension is still on, no payments will be issued. This is because cashcheques are only paid for a limited period, usually four weeks. In these circumstances, the customer must provide valid bank, building society or Post Office® card account (POca) details.
If payments are suspended due to the death of the customer and the ‘Deceased’ signal is unset after investigation, payments will be reinstated by the same method.
If payments are suspended due to ‘VLP’ quality check, after completion of the check payments will be reinstated by the same payment method.
When a payment schedule is reinstated, any missed payments will be combined and issued as a single payment.
Where a suspended schedule has been reinstated or changed, a new award notice will be issued.
When a suspension is removed for any of those reasons
- the relevant suspension reason will be removed in function ‘Maintain Payment Suspension’
- the relevant entries will be automatically removed from the ‘Suspended Payments’ work list.
If all of the suspension reasons have not been removed, the payment schedule will not be reinstated.