Payment - overpayments (Q-Z): overpayments - RPT020 received from Jobcentre Plus - TCO only (AG)
To deal with form JCP/RPT020, consider steps 1 to 3.
Complete Part 4 ‘Allocation of Remittance’ on form JCP/RPT020 with the following details
- under ‘Remittance is in respect of’, enter ‘Tax Credits’
- under ‘Special instructions to Cashier’, enter ‘Please forward to HMRC Accounting & Payment Services (Cumbernauld Dept), (This content has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000) ’
- enter the customer’s NINO as a tax credits reference number
- under ‘Information supplied by’, enter your name
- under ‘Date’, enter today’s date
- go to Step 2.
Send the completed form JCP/RPT020 by post back to the originating Jobcentre Plus (JCP) office
Note: The address of the office holding the payment will be on the form at part 2.
- go to Step 3.
Use Function MAINTAIN HOUSEHOLD NOTES and select the ‘Debt Recovery’ category to enter the following message
‘TCMZ JCP / RPT020 recd from JCP (enter office details) re repyt of tax credit. Form returned to arrange transfer of pyt to HMRC’.