NTC listings (Unfinalised S17): NTC listing - Renewals (Introduction)
From 6 April each year, outstanding work list items will be transferred from the Unfinalised S17 work lists to Function NTC LISTING.
The year you need to select depends on when you’re working Function NTC LISTING - for example, if you’re working Function NTC LISTING after
- 6 April 2007, you need to select year 2005-2006
- 6 April 2008, you need to select year 2006-2007
- 6 April 2009, you need to select year 2007-2008, and so on.
Unlike other work lists, Function NTC LISTING isn’t controlled by Management Units and therefore access is unrestricted.
Function NTC LISTING is available to many tax credits user roles, including the AMBS Renewal Maintainer user role. You will need this user role to access Function MANAGE FINALISATION so that you can process the NTC Listing Unfinalised S17 work list items.
Within Function NTC LISTING you can
- view details of any of the items listed with the information that was held on the creation date
- sort and filter for the work item reason that you’re working
- update or set an action date
- delete the selected NTC Listing entry so that it’s permanently deleted from NTC Listing.
The options you can select are numbered from 1 to 50, with numbers 1 to 26 representing the letters of the alphabet. You will use numbers 1 to 26 only. ‘1’ represents the letter ‘A’, ‘2’ represents the letter ‘B’ and so on.
You must select the number that represents the initial letter of the name you require - for example, if you select ‘19’, all names beginning with the letter ‘S’ will be displayed. The surname is usually the first letter to be shown (but not always). Numbers 27 to 50 aren’t in use.
After a selection is made, you can work each entry individually.
This section of the manual provides guidance on how to finalise, renew or terminate these work items.
The NTC listings covered in this section of the manual are
- NTC Listing ‘Unfinalised S17’.