Notes - recording and viewing: View Household Notes function (Info)
Function VIEW HOUSEHOLD NOTES has two levels of access. Most users will only be able to access household notes to previous year minus one (PY-1). A small number of users will have access to years before PY-1. If you need to check Household Notes for PY-2 and earlier, your manager will know what your local arrangements are.
Both levels of access allow you to view notes concerning a family and will also allow you to view each note in more detail.
Once a note is selected the contents can be viewed in full, including the
- creation date
- event date. This is the date the note was entered on the computer
- effective date. The effective date must be the date the change or amendment actually happened or the date you were notified of the change. If it isn’t possible to use any of the above dates, then the date the correspondence was received or the tax year the note relates to must be used before the actual text of the note
- retained marker, if appropriate
Note: The dates in the Event Date field and the Creation Date field will always be the same.
The notes are displayed in descending event date order, starting with the most recent event first. The order may be reversed. This will be helpful when trying to read a series of notes in chronological order.
The View Household Notes screen is split into two sections
- retained notes
- tax year-based notes To view Household Notes for a tax year prior to PY-1, select [View Other] on the View Household Notes screen. The View Other Year Based Notes screen will display allowing you to view earlier years. If your user role doesn’t allow you to access PY-2 or earlier notes, [View Other] won’t be available.
For the tax year-based notes it’s possible to view, for a specific tax year
- all the notes
- all the notes in a selected category.
Note: The categories are pre-defined and are used to indicate the contents of the note.
All the retained notes for a family will be visible - you can’t filter these by category.
The total number of notes that can be stored for a family is 25 retained notes in total and 100 for each year for tax year-based notes.
You can view notes entered in CY, PY and PY-1 only.
In the Function VIEW HOUSEHOLD NOTES, you won’t be able to create, amend or delete a note.
The ability to access Function MAINTAIN HOUSEHOLD NOTES or VIEW HOUSEHOLD NOTES will be determined by your user role and the function you are accessing the notes from.
Note: When a claim becomes post award
- any existing notes recorded in Function CAPTURE APPLICATION are deleted and you won’t be able to check them in Function VIEW APPLICATION
- the deleted notes are copied into Functions VIEW HOUSEHOLD NOTES and MAINTAIN HOUSEHOLD NOTES
- in exactly the same format
- allocated a category of ‘Application’.