Miscellaneous (E to O): No trace of claim (AG)
Page archived 17/08/2016
If there’s no trace of the claim, consider steps 1 to 8.
Use Function VIEW APPLICATION and select the ‘All’ checkbox. This will show all the claims.
Enter each of the following combinations until you find the relevant claim
- customer 1 NINO only
- customer 1 surname and date of birth only
- customer 2 NINO only
customer 2 surname and date of birth only (don’t enter customer 2 forename)
Apologise to the customer for the inconvenience
- explain to them that you’re unable to access their records and you need more details to look into the matter further
- explain that these details will be forwarded to a specialist team who will deal with their claim as a matter of urgency.
Obtain the following information from the customer by phone
- full name (surname, forenames, title)
- date of birth
- address and postcode
- phone number.
Complete the M1 referral form (Word 101KB) with as many details as possible.
Note: Attach the photocopies of any relevant correspondence or other documents to the ‘M1 referral form’.
If you’re working in
- Tax Credit Office, pass the ‘M1 referral form’ to your Technical Advice Line Liaison Officer (TALLO) to pass to the Technical Advice Line (TAL).
- a Contact Centre, pass the ‘M1 referral form’ to your team leader.
Note: Step 7 and 8 relate to TALLO, TAL and line manager action.
Check that the ‘M1 referral form’ has been correctly completed.
- If it has been correctly completed, go to Step 8.
- If it hasn’t been correctly completed, return the ‘M1 referral form’ to the originator.
Send the correctly completed ‘M1 referral form’ and any attachments (This content has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000) .
Note: All referrals must be fully and correctly completed. If not, they’ll be returned un-actioned to the originator.