Miscellaneous (E to O): List A - adding cases (Info)
If, when you’re dealing with any work list entry, you notice that a customer hasn’t provided bank account details, you must
- check that no joint bank account details exist that can be used to pay the customer’s entitlement to tax credits into.
A joint bank account is one where account details are provided for one customer and you’re certain that it’s a joint account for both customers based on the named account holders for that account number and sort code. For example
- Names of account holders are Mr J Brown and Mrs L Brown
- Account Number is 00000000
- Sort code is 00-00-00
- Customer 1 name is Mrs L Brown and customer 2 name is Mr J Brown.
You must enter the details of the customer on to List A and pay the customer’s entitlement to tax credits by giro if
- there aren’t any details of a joint bank account available
- a customer has expressly asked us not to pay into their joint bank account, even on a temporary basis.
There is an Action Guide for this subject, select TCM0136240 to access it