Miscellaneous (A to B): Award calculation stage 3a - Determine if income adjustments due (Info)
If a customer is not entitled to any of the following social security benefits, any income declared by the family will be taken into account in the award calculation
- Income Support (IS)
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Pension Credit (or Minimum Income Guarantee (MIG) before October 2003).
Where the customer is entitled to any of the above for part of the award period, income is
- ignored for the entitlement period when the benefit was received
- taken into account for the other entitlement periods.
If income adjustments are due, follow the guidance in TCM0132220.