Claims - rejecting: Resurrecting rejected claims
This Action Guide provides guidance on the action to take to resurrect a rejected claim. For example, the claim may have been
- rejected in error during manual capture
- rejected without allowing the full reminder period to expire.
To resurrect an incorrectly-rejected claim, consider steps 1 to 6.
Create a copy of the rejected claim on the computer. To do this
- select ‘Application’ from the toolbar menu
- select ‘Correction’ from the options available
- enter the customer’s NINO in the Key Entry Data - Applicant screen
- select [OK]. The following message will be displayed ‘Details must be entered in Capture Application function’
- select [Yes]. You will be taken to Function CAPTURE APPLICATION
- go to the Log screen and select [Store]. This will
- store a copy of the rejected claim on the computer
- create a copy for you to work on
- create an entry on the Incomplete Applications work list.
Do you require further information in order to process the claim?
In Function CAPTURE APPLICATION go to the Summary Information screen and establish what previous action has been taken and what information is still required to process the claim.
- the Repair Summary field for details of errors
- the Application Notes field for details of previous action taken
- the Income screen
- the Payment screen
- any manual clerical notes or information on the Claimant Compliance Management Information System (CCMIS), if appropriate
- go to Step 4.
Contact the customer for the information that you need to process the claim. Follow the guidance in TCM0094080 and TCM0094160.
- If you obtain the missing information, go to Step 5.
- If you are unable to obtain the missing information, go to Step 6.
In Function CAPTURE APPLICATION enter the missing information on the relevant screens
- update the Application Notes field in the Summary Information screen with the following text
‘TCMZ Claim reviewed following incorrect rejection’
Note: You must follow the guidance in TCM0152060 when you record the note and also follow the guidance in TCM0152040.
- continue to process the claim. Take no further action.
If you are unable to obtain the missing information, take the following action
- reject the claim as incomplete. Follow the guidance in TCM0070040 or TCM0070100
- extend the action date if the customer has requested more time to get the information that you need.