Claims - capture (L-P): Progress update requested by customer (AG)
You may receive a request from a customer on the progress of their tax credit claim. Such a request could be in writing, by phone or during an interview.
If the request isn’t in writing you should confirm the identity of the caller before disclosing any information. Follow the guidance in TCM0094120.
Note: If you can’t confirm the identity of the customer you should explain to them that you can’t disclose any information but, if they contact you with the missing details, you will deal with their enquiry.
If you receive a request for progress on a customer’s tax credits claim, consider steps 1 to 13.
If the request for progress of the claim is
Verify the identity of the caller. Follow the guidance in TCM0094120.
- If you are able to verify the caller, go to Step 3.
- If you are unable to verify the caller, tell them that you are unable to provide any information until they can prove they are the customer. Take no further action.
Ask the customer for the minimum information, if you don’t already have it available.
Use Function VIEW APPLICATION to find the claim in question and the status of that claim.
- If the status is Partially Captured, go to the Application Information screen and check the Notes field to check what information is outstanding and been requested.
Tell the customer of the status of the claim and ask for any missing information.
Use Function CAPTURE APPLICATION to capture the information supplied and make a note of the information supplied in the Application Notes field on the Summary Information screen.
If the claim is in writing, check if the letter provides the minimum information.
If you don’t have the minimum information, use Function TRACE CITIZEN to find the individual.
don’t trace the individual
trace the individual, go to Step 12.
If you have a phone number, phone the customer for the missing information. Follow the guidance in TCM0094080.
If you have an address, write to the customer for the missing information using form TC609.
When you have the minimum information
- use Function VIEW APPLICATION to find the claim in question and the status of that claim
and, if the status is Partially Captured
* go to the Application Information screen and check the Notes field to check what information is outstanding and been requested.
Tell the customer either by phone or in writing using a form TC609 as appropriate of
- the status of the claim
- details of the missing information.