Claims - capture (L-P): Logging claims (AG)
To log the receipt of a tax credit claim form, consider steps 1 to 8.
Check if the claim form contains details of the minimum information required to log receipt of the claim for
- the customer in a single claim
- both customers in a joint claim.
If the minimum information
- is provided, go to .
- isn’t provided, go to .
Check if the claim form has a contact phone number for customer 1 or customer 2.
If you have a phone number, phone the customer and ask them for the missing information. Follow the guidance in TCM0094080.
If the missing information is
- not supplied or you are unable to phone the customer, go to .
- supplied, go to .
Return the claim with a completed form TC609 to the customer’s address.
Use Function CAPTURE APPLICATION to log receipt of the new claim. It’s important that you record the correct date of receipt of the claim. Follow the guidance in TCM0064020.
At this stage you can either
- proceed to capture the rest of the claim. To do this, select [Continue]
- log this claim only. To do this, select [Log Next].