Claims: capture (D-K): further information supplied by customer (AG)
If you receive further information from the customer in respect of their tax credits claim, consider steps 1 to 11.
If the additional information is provided
- during a phone conversation or interview, go to .
- in writing, go to .
Verify the identity of the caller. Follow the guidance in TCM0094120.
- If you are able to verify the caller, go to .
- If you are unable to verify the caller, tell them that you are unable to accept the information until they can prove they are the customer and take no further action.
Ask the customer for the minimum information if you don’t already have it available.
Use Function CAPTURE APPLICATION to capture the information supplied and make a note of the information supplied in the Application Notes field on the Summary Information screen
If the information is in writing, check if the letter provides the minimum information.
If you don’t have the minimum information, use Function TRACE CITIZEN to find the individual.
don’t trace the individual
- If you have a phone number for the customer, go to .
- If you don’t have a phone number but you have an address, go to .
- If you don’t have a phone number or an address, discard the letter in confidential waste and take no further action.
trace the individual, go to .
If you have a phone number, phone the customer for the missing information. Follow the guidance in TCM0094080.
If you have an address, write to the customer for the missing information using form TC609.
When you have the minimum information, use Function CAPTURE APPLICATION to
- find the claim in question and capture the additional information
- go to the Summary Information screen and enter in the Application Notes field the information supplied.
If the information given relates to a change of circumstances, follow the relevant Changes guidance.