Changes - work (general N-Z): Place of work history - entering (AG)
To deal with entering a change of employment in place of work history, consider steps 1 to 5.
Before making any changes, follow the guidance in TCM0042260
then, if the changes can be made
- If the customer or their partner has commenced a new employment for the first time, go to .
- If an existing employment exists, but the place of work details haven’t been entered on the computer, go to .
- If the customer and/or their partner report that they are about to start work outside the United Kingdom (UK), first follow the guidance in TCM0048060.
Use Function AMEND APPLICATION selecting the Change of Circumstances option
- enter the customer’s NINO in the Key Entry Data screen
- select the ‘All’ checkbox
- select [OK]. You will be taken to the Select Application screen or the Applicant Details screen. If you are taken to the Select Application screen, select the claim affected by this change and then select [OK]. You will then be taken to the Applicant Details screen
- select ‘Wk1’ or ‘Wk2’, as appropriate on the toolbar menu. You will be taken to the Work Details screen for that customer
- select ‘History’ on the toolbar menu
- select ‘Place Of Work’ from the options available. You will be taken to the Place of Work history screen
- select [New]. You will be taken to the New screen
- enter the appropriate start date in the Start Date field
- enter the appropriate include from date in the Include From field
Note: After you enter the start date, when you tab down to the Include From field the same date will automatically appear in the Include From field. You must enter the correct date if it’s different to the start date.
- enter the name of the country where the customer works in the Country field
- select [OK]. You will be taken back to the History screen
- select [OK]. You will be taken back to the Work Details screen
- select [OK]. You will be taken to the Amend Finish screen
- go to .
On the Amend Finish screen
- enter the date the notification of the change was received
- enter the source of the change, for example paper or phone
- enter the reason for the change as ‘Change of Circumstance’
- select [OK]. The computer will now automatically accept the change of circumstances and will apply the change at the effective date
Follow the guidance in TCM0042040
Note: The changes you have made in this function will not be applied until you complete the Amend Finish screen.
Note: The Received Date field will always default to today’s date. You must enter the date the change of circumstances was notified, not the date the change is actioned. If there is more than one notification date, then the earliest notification date must be entered.
* If the message ‘S18 Refinalisation Rules - Potential inappropriate refinalisation for CCYY-CCYY. If you have the authority to re-finalise under S19, S20 or S21 of the Tax Credit Act 2002 or due to an appeal decision. Press OK to process the change or Cancel’ displays * the changes you are making will re-finalise the claim, follow the guidance in [TCM0042260](https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manuals/tax-credits-manual/tcm0042260) before making any changes then, if you can make the change * select [OK] on the message * go to . * If the message ‘S18 Refinalisation Rules - Actual Income for CCYY-CCYY is required. This change will not be accepted’ displays * you will not be able to make the change because the PY actual income is required, follow the guidance in [TCM0042260](https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manuals/tax-credits-manual/tcm0042260) before making any changes then, if you can make the change * select [OK] on the message * go to . * If the message ‘S18 Refinalisation Rules - You do not have the authority to re-finalise CCYY-CCYY. This change will not be accepted. Please refer to the appropriate team’ displays * The changes you are making will re-finalise the claim * select [Cancel]. You will be taken to the Amend Application Details screen * select [Cancel] * when the message ‘All changes to the application will be lost for this session, do you wish to proceed?’ displays, select [Yes] * pass the case to a Level 2 User or your manager. For more information, use ‘Level 1 and Level 2 users’ on [TCM0320260](https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manuals/tax-credits-manual/tcm0320260) * take no further action. * If none of the messages display, go to .
Use Function MAINTAIN HOUSEHOLD NOTES to record the action you have taken
- go to .
Send any correspondence to remote storage. Follow the guidance in TCM0074140.