Changes - work (general N-Z): Place of work history - ending (AG)
If the customer and/or their partner report that their job has ended, there is no requirement to end their place of work history details provided they aren’t starting a new job outside the United Kingdom (UK).
The current place of work history must be ended if
- you have been told to follow this guidance from TCM0048060
- the customer and/or their partner has stopped working in the UK and started working outside the UK
- the customer and/or their partner is currently working outside the UK, but they have changed jobs to another job outside the UK or to a job within the UK.
This will then enable the International team to take over the case.
Note: Ending the place of work history will create a verification failure that must be worked by the International team. Use TCM0322460 for the correct MU number.
To deal with ending employment in place of work history, consider steps 1 to 5.
Before making any changes to the claim, you must follow the guidance in TCM0042260
then, if the changes can be made
- If the customer and/or their partner report they have started employment outside the UK, go to Step 2.
- If the customer and/or their partner are currently working outside the UK and the change of jobs is to another job outside the UK or to a job within the UK and you have been told to follow this guidance from TCM0048060, go to Step 2.
Use Function AMEND APPLICATION selecting the Change of Circumstances option
- enter the customer’s NINO in the Key Entry Data screen
- select the ‘All’ checkbox
- select [OK]
- you will be taken to the Select Application screen or the Applicant Details screen. If you are taken to the Select Application screen, select the claim affected by this change and then select [OK]. You will then be taken to the Applicant Details screen
- select ‘Wk1’ or ‘Wk2’, as appropriate on the toolbar menu. You will be taken to the Work Details screen for that customer
- select ‘History’ on the toolbar menu
- select ‘Place Of Work’ from the options available. The Place of Work History screen will display
- select the appropriate history details
- select [Change]. The Change screen will display
- enter the appropriate end date in the End Date field
- select [OK]. You will be taken back to the Place of Work History screen
- select [OK]. You will be taken back to the Work Details screen
- select [OK]. You will be taken to the Amend Finish screen
- go to Step 3.
On the Amend Finish screen
- enter the date the notification of the change was received
- enter the source of the change, for example paper or phone
- enter the reason for the change as ‘Change of Circumstance’
- select [OK]. The computer will now automatically accept the change of circumstances and will apply the change at the effective date
Follow the guidance in TCM0042040
Note: The changes you have made in this function will not be applied until you complete the Amend Finish screen.
Note: The Received Date field will always default to today’s date. You must enter the date the change of circumstances was notified, not the date the change is actioned. If there is more than one notification date, then the earliest notification date must be entered.
- If the message ‘S18 Refinalisation Rules - Potential inappropriate refinalisation for CCYY-CCYY. If you have the authority to re-finalise under S19, S20 or S21 of the Tax Credit Act 2002 or due to an appeal decision. Press OK to process the change or Cancel’ displays
- If the message ‘S18 Refinalisation Rules - Actual Income for CCYY-CCYY is required. This change will not be accepted’ displays
- If the message ‘S18 Refinalisation Rules - You do not have the authority to re-finalise CCYY-CCYY. This change will not be accepted. Please refer to the appropriate team’ displays
- the changes you are making will re-finalise the claim
- select [Cancel]. You will be taken to the Amend Application Details screen
- select [Cancel]
- when the message ‘All changes to the application will be lost for this session, do you wish to proceed?’ displays, select [Yes]
- pass the case to a Level 2 User or your manager. For more information, use ‘Level 1 and Level 2 users’ on TCM0320260
- take no further action.
- If none of the messages display, go to Step 4.
Use Function MAINTAIN HOUSEHOLD NOTES to record the action you have taken
- go to Step 5.
Close the document on DMS. For how to do this, use TCM1000037.