Changes - miscellaneous (G-Z): Signals history - correcting effective date (Info)
Note: Before making any changes, you must follow the guidance in TCM0042260.
This guidance does not relate to child signals. For guidance on correcting child signals, follow the guidance in TCM0034280.
Note: You must ensure that any start and end dates are corrected before you attempt to amend a change of circumstances effective date. Follow the guidance in TCM0044260.
You will have already established that the effective date of a change of circumstances is incorrect by
- following the guidance in TCM0042240
- when working a claim you notice that the change of circumstances was applied, but the date in the Include From field was incorrect.
Note: A change of circumstances effective date is the date in the Include From field that is shown within a History screen. For more information on the effective date of a change, follow the guidance in TCM0042240.
Note: Where a date is entered in the Start Date field for a change of circumstances that is more than three months old, the computer will automatically restrict the backdating of the change to three months prior to the processing date of the claim.
You will need to be in the correct screen to access the required signal history, for example you must
use Function AMEND APPLICATION and go to the Applicant Details screen for the appropriate customer (Ap1 or Ap2) for deletions involving
- residency, for example, UK National or normally live
- AA / DLA (HCC) / PIP (ER) signal
use Function AMEND APPLICATION and go to the Work Details screen for the appropriate customer (Wk1 or Wk2) for deletions involving
- hours worked
- place of work
- 50+ employment
use Function AMEND APPLICATION and go to the Income screen for the appropriate customer (Inc1 or Inc2) for corrections involving
- IS / JSA / ESA or PC.
Where there is current Compliance activity on a claim or the claim has been finalised by Compliance, you
- must not apply any amendments or changes to that claim
- must first contact the relevant Claimant Compliance Officer (CCO) for further advice.
The CCO will use Function MAINTAIN HOUSEHOLD NOTES or the Application Notes field in Function CAPTURE APPLICATION to record their contact details and any compliance activity.
Note: If you attempt to make a change, where the effective date is too far in to the future the computer will not allow you to make the change. For guidance on when you can make a change where the effective date is in the future, follow the guidance in TCM0042320.
If the following warning message ‘3 month restriction applied to Include From Date’ displays
- you must establish whether this restriction is correct before proceeding. Follow the guidance in TCM0042240.
If you establish that the restriction is not applicable
- you must manually change the date in the Include From field by following the guidance in TCM0044240.
There is an Action Guide for this subject, select TCM0044240 to access it