Liaison with Valuation Office Agency and other offices: Valuation Office Agency
The Valuation Office Agency (VOA) advises SAV on the value of land and buildings where a knowledge of the value of a company’s assets is necessary for the valuation of its shares see SVM115040.
- Cases involving a significant number of properties should be submitted to the Land Portfolio Valuation Unit (LPVU) via the Service Delivery Team (SDT) – SVM115030
- Trade Related Property dealt with under prior agreements between SAV and VOA should be submitted to the LPVU –SVM115090
- Foreign commercial property should be submitted to the LPVU via the SDT. Foreign residential property is valued by SAV.
- For mineral undertakings – see SVM115100
- For plant and machinery – see SVM115070
- All other cases should be referred to Initial Appraisal Unit (IAU) Nottingham – see SVM115040
A liaison arrangement also exists between SAV SDT and a representative of the Valuation Office, known as the Valuation Office Liaison Officer (VOLO), for resolving points of difficulty, methods of valuation or problems experienced with individual VOA caseworkers. Cases involving such points may be referred to the SDT HO for discussion with the Liaison Officer.
Straightforward matters or questions of fact should however be raised with the VOA direct, usually by telephone, or email.
Valuers are reminded that in practice the VOA values underlying company property on the market value basis of the land itself. If, exceptionally, any other form of valuation is required the VOA should be expressly informed in writing.
All valuations of real or leasehold property situate in Northern Ireland are dealt with by Land and Property Services (LPS) rather than the VOA. Any case that needs to be referred to the LPS should be submitted via the SDT.
|Additional Guidance: SVM150000|