Create a Room: Request a New Room
A New Room can only be requested by an HMRC Member of Shared Workspace.
Where a Customer Organisation identifies a need for a new Room they should contact their HMRC Business Unit to discuss their needs SW09125.
Before making a request for a new Room, the HMRC Member should
- Establish the exact purpose of the new Room SW06110
- Consider the Protective Markings for any HMRC documents SW03150
- Clearly define the business need and review linked business processes
- Decide if the Room is to be for HMRC collaboration only SW06140, or for Customer collaboration SW06150
- Check all existing Rooms by use of the search facility in ‘Create New Room’ to see if a Room already exists that could be used to meet the same business need
- Obtain confirmation from either the SW Business Sponsor that such a Room is necessary
Once the criteria in all six bullets above have been determined the HMRC Member can begin the online process to request a new Room.
All requests to create new Shared Workspace Rooms are processed by the Global Community Administrator (GSC). They should be advised who has given endorsement for the new Room.
The GSC aims to deal with Room Creation within 10 working days where the request is for 50 Rooms or less. If the GSC is unable to achieve the 10 day timeline the GSC will tell the requestor. Timelines for Room Creation requests in excess of 50 Rooms must be agreed between the requestor and the GSC.