HMRC Business Authorising Officer: Add HMRC Member to a Room without HMRC Member Request
HMRC Business Authorising Officers (BAOs) are responsible for the HMRC membership of their Room. Only a BAO can add an HMRC Member to a Room.
A BAO will identify the need for an HMRC Member to be added to a Room where
- an online request is received in the BAO Activity Inbox for review SW04225
- a direct request is received, such as receipt of an email or telephone call from the HMRC Member.
Before adding an HMRC Member to a Room the BAO must be satisfied that
- there is a valid business reason for the member to be added
- the level of access is appropriate SW05600
- the online learning package for the role to be assigned has been successfully completed SW02200
If the BAO is in any way uncertain, they must not add the HMRC Member to the Room until they have made further enquiries. This may involve contacting the Line Manager of the HMRC Member from which to make an informed decision.
Where the BAO decides to add the HMRC Member to the Room they will need to complete the online fields which are accessed through the ‘add HMRC member’ button on the Home Page of the Room.
Following completion of the online fields, the service will,
- add the HMRC Member to the Room
- assign the HMRC Member with the specified role
- send a Room invite email to the new HMRC Member
Rejecting a request
If the BAO receives a direct request to be added to a Room and considers that request to be inappropriate, they must decline the request.
The service sends an email to the HMRC member, who made the request, to notify them of the rejection and the reason.
A similar email is sent to all other BAOs of the Room to inform them that the request has been rejected and why. This is done to ensure that all BAOs of the Room are aware of the position should a further request be made by the HMRC member to join the Room