Roles and Responsibilities: Shared Workspace Community Administrator
Each Business Unit within Shared Workspace belongs to a community. Authorised individuals on the Shared Workspace Team are able to view all information within that community by using the functionality of the Community Administrator.
Community Administrator tasks
The Community Administrator Role is allocated by the S&ID Global Community Administrator when a team member needs to carry out any of the following:
- Export and Import Rooms
- Amend the name and/or Universal Resource Locator (URL) of a Facility or Room
- View the membership of the Community
- Run usage reports at Room, Facility and Community levels
- Access any Room within the Community/Facility
- View all areas of a Room, all items/objects within a Room, and the contents of the Recycle Bin
- Restore items from the Recycle Bin (where a member of the Room)
- Edit the properties of any Room within the Community
- Convert a Room into a Template Room
- Convert a database into Template database
- Convert a stand alone database into an Enterprise database
Build or amend an Enterprise database
There must be a business need for the role to be allocated and once that need ceases the role is removed from the individual.
Whenever a Community Administrator needs to access a Shared Workspace Room the BAO will be advised in advance, where possible.