Roles and Responsibilities: Data Guardian
The Data Guardian role is key to the effective management of data held within Shared Workspace.
Here is a list of Data Guardians and their duties.
The Data Guardian is responsible for providing on request from the Shared Workspace Business Sponsor
- initial approval for Shared Workspace to be used for the deployment
- the initial Data Usage Agreement
- the annual Data Usage Agreement
For more help with completion of the Data Usage Agreement please see SW03510.
In addition, the Data Guardian is responsible for
- keeping the recipient informed about any proposed or actual material changes to the character of the data stored
- telling the recipient what the sensitivity of the data is
- ensuring that appropriate, particularly sensitive, data is excluded
- providing the data as set out in this Data Usage Agreement subject to emergency and contingency recovery
- telling the Recipient if someone new becomes the Data Guardian
- negotiating any essential changes to this agreement in good time