Manage work: work management: W024 duplicate return logged - original already logged or captured
A work item is created when any of the following events occur
- A return is logged, but a return for that year has already been logged but not captured
- A return is logged, but a return for that year has already been fully captured
- A return is captured, but a return for that year has already been fully captured
- A return has been filed online, but a paper return has already been logged or captured
Other than details common or potentially common to all types of work item, the following specific details will be available
- Return year
- Reason for the entry
* ‘Attempt to log & already logged’ * ‘Attempt to log & already captured’ * ‘Attempt to capture and already captured’ * ‘Internet – return already logged/captd’
Allocation of responsibility
The work item is allocated to the office with processing responsibility for the taxpayer. Within that office, the item will be worked by an officer with the user role of Clerical Processing Officer.
Frequency of review
It is recommended that this list is reviewed as directed.
Updating of details
Until the work item is cleared, the following details held on the work item are updated by Work Management immediately the corresponding entry is updated on the taxpayer record
- Taxpayer name
- Employers reference (EMPREF) or Schedule D register number
Action to take on the work item
Advice on the action to take to clear the work item is available in the section ‘Returns Work Lists’, (SAM125051).
Deletion of the work item
The work item is deleted automatically when the return is unlogged.
It can be deleted manually, using function WORK LIST CASES or function SELECTED CASE, on completion of the necessary clerical action.