Returns: returns processed at HMRC Wolverhampton: HMRC Wolverhampton: returns which cannot be scanned
Some Short Tax Returns (SA200) will not be suitable for scanning and processing through Automated Data Capture, and they should be captured through Local Data Capture.
Examples include where
- The return is torn or damaged
- There is no barcode, or the barcode has been written on or smudged
Marks are made on the return
- Over location markers at the side and top of the form
- Over the barcode
- Over page numbers at the base of the form
- Over the word ‘Your’ on the front page
In these cases, the return should be logged then forwarded to the appropriate office with processing responsibility for manual capture.