Returns: returns work lists: w018 review revenue assessment
A work item is created on the ‘Review Revenue Assessment’ Work List when a Revenue assessment exists, and for the same year
- An original or amended return is captured, whether by Local Data Capture(LDC) or Filed by Internet
- Function CREATE RETURN CHARGE is used to enter a charge on the record
The ‘Review Revenue Assessment’ Work List is allocated to the Clerical Processing Officer in the office with processing responsibility.
This Work List is for immediate action and should be reviewed daily.
The purpose of the work item is to prompt a review of the Revenue assessment, in the light of the captured return. The work item will show the return year. You will need to view all available information
- Have the return (if on paper) to hand
- Use function AMEND RETURN to view the return details for the relevant year where necessary
- Use function MAINTAIN REVENUE ASSESSMENT to view the assessment charge for the year
- Use function VIEW STATEMENT to view the personal account if necessary
Where the Revenue assessment was made during or following an enquiry, liaise with the Enquiry Officer before taking any further action.
Where it is necessary to amend the Revenue assessment, use function MAINTAIN REVENUE ASSESSMENT to do so.
Where it is necessary to unlog the return, use function UNLOG RETURN to do so, but only do this on the advice of the Enquiry Officer or your Clerical Processing Manager. This is because all amendments to the SA record and actions taken on that return have to be unravelled. The work item is deleted automatically if the return is unlogged.
Otherwise, when your review has been completed you should delete the work item manually, using function WORK LIST CASES or function SELECTED CASE.