This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Repayment Claims Manual

Over-repayments: when you find out about an over- repayment

When you find out about an over-repayment

  • if the Collector has asked you to recover an over-repayment by assessment go to RM5196
  • otherwise decide whether to recover the over-repayment with the help of RM5148.