RO instructions: Microfilmed vouchers
Some banks and other financial concerns keep dividend, interest or annuity vouchers for their customers. These vouchers are recorded on microfilm after a certain period and then destroyed.
If you need evidence of tax suffered after the original voucher has been destroyed
- accept a paper copy of the microfilm of the original voucher accompanied by a certificate which
If there is no certificate or the certificate is not in the terms above submit the claim to Central Policy (Tax Administration Advice Team), Stockport.
- quotes Inland Revenue Policy Division reference T1726/1/87
- confirms that the paper copy is a true copy of the microfilm record of the original voucher
- confirms that the original voucher has been destroyed
* treat it like a duplicate voucher. See RM4112.