RM3720 - Reviewing the claim form: The details you need
For every case selected for detailed checking for the first time you need to obtain for each source details of
- the name(s) in which the capital is invested
- how the minor got the capital.
- If it was from an estate ask the claimant to confirm that the
- money was bequeathed directly to the minor under the will. If
- the claimant cannot confirm this, ask to see the document which gave the minor a title to the capital and submit the claim to HMRC Trusts Head Office Edinburgh
- any family relationship between the minor and the person(s) who gave the assets or money