RO instructions: If a claimant calls with vouchers
RM1282 deals with a claimant who calls with vouchers without making a claim for the period.
If a claimant calls with vouchers and asks to have them back before leaving explain that
- you cannot repay without the vouchers
- if the claimant needs vouchers for another purpose now the repayment will be delayed until you get the vouchers back again
- you will return the vouchers after making the repayment.
If the claimant agrees to leave the vouchers
- get a written application for the vouchers to be returned
- return the vouchers after repayment (RM4216).
If the claimant insists on taking the vouchers
- ask your Group Leader to initial your note of interview
- return the vouchers
- put the file away.