This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Repayment Claims Manual

RO instructions: Information the RA needs

If the case is to be set up in your District give the claim, letter, note of interview or note of telephone call to the RA. Tell the RA

  • the name and address of the claimant
  • the name and address of the taxpayer if different and the capacity in which the claimant is acting for the taxpayer
  • to set the case up
  • which claim form is most appropriate on the information available
  • whether to issue a claim form and if so for which year
  • to prepare a R133 (file cover) in the name of the taxpayer and put the claims reference on it and the D or CT reference if the case is one of those at RM1246
  • whether to request previous papers and from where. Use the information from TI , the claim, letter or claimant to decide.
  • the parent’s or guardian’s GCD and reference number if the claim is the first claim for a minor. (Check TI to find the reference.)