beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Repayment Claims Manual

RA action: If the claim is unsigned

If the claim is unsigned do not cancel any vouchers.

Send the claim back to the claimant for signature as follows.

In every case enclose any vouchers and/or documents.

In addition if there is no reference quoted on the claim

find out where the claim will be dealt with

  • check TI
  • if no reference on TI ask the allocation officer
  • tell the claimant
  • where to submit the signed claim


  • if found on TI , the reference to quote on the claim form