Employer returns: view / maintain BROCS: banking operations - updating employer records
Banking Operations staff are able to access the Employer Business Service (EBS) employer records and where appropriate update employer addresses. Banking Operations staff who will be involved in processing tax credit funding applications will be allocated the EBS Employer AO user role.
This will allow Banking Operations staff to access to the following functions
- AMEND EMPLOYER SUMMARY
- EMPLOYER NAME AND ADDRESS HISTORY
- PAYROLL AND CORRESPONDENCE HISTORY
- AMEND EMPLOYER NOTES
Banking Operations Office staff who process tax credit funding application forms TC11 may come across applications from employers where the business correspondence address on the form differs from the nominated correspondence address held on the EBS employer record.
It is important that where the address is incorrect that it is updated immediately as funding may be delayed being sent to an employer or sent to the wrong address.
Change of address by Banking Operations Office or Tax Credit Office (TCO)
Where an address is found to be different on the application form to that held on the EBS computer the operator in Banking Operations will
- Telephone the employer to check the position
- Establish the correct address
- Explain to the employer the consequences of changing the address will mean all correspondence will be sent to that address
Once verbal assurance has been obtained from the employer that the address on the TC11 is correct they will then
- Update the EBS record with the change of address
- Use Function AMEND EMPLOYER NOTES to make a note of the address change and the date. For example ‘TC11 address update 20/04/2001’
From April 2003, the TCO staff have also been able to update addresses by using
- The EBS Employer AO user role
- The procedures outlined above
Where the RLS indicator is held on the EBS record and an alternative address is given on the funding application form the operator in Banking Operations or TCO will
- Update the employer correspondence address to the address shown on the TC11
- Use Function AMEND EMPLOYER SUMMARY to cancel the RLS indicator