Field allowance: transfer of field allowance where the equity share changes
Where a company disposes of all or part of its share in the equity in a field, all or part of the unactivated amount of the field allowance for the field transfers to the transferee.
For the transferor, the unactivated amount is reduced by the fraction:
(E1 - E2)/E1
- E1 is the transferor’s share of the equity in the field immediately before the disposal, and
- E2 is the transferor’s share of the equity in the field immediately after the disposal.
The unactivated amount available for a transferee depends on whether the transferee has acquired all or part of the transferred interest.
The unactivated amount which passes to the transferee is given by the formula:
R x E3<u>/</u>(E1 - E2)
- R is the amount of the reduction determined for the transferor,
- E3 is the share of the equity in the field that the transferee has acquired from the transferor, and
- E1 - E2 is (following the meaning above) the share disposed of by the transferor.