Systems and processes: HMRC information systems: indirect tax: VAT Information System Inter-Office Network
The VAT Information System Inter-Office Network (VISION) system facilitates the interrogation of the VAT database.
Under VAT Database Interrogation, a total of 32 screens provide specific trader details such as name and address, registration information and indicators, accounting ledger details, VAT returns, Officers Assessments and outstanding liabilities.
Via data capture input form screens, you can also order a variety of reports, including accounting details and historical ledger prints.
Additionally, it has the following functions: VVC database (Visits Control File), VAT calculations application, VAT Forms data capture, Trade statistics, VUG Database Access (VISION Glossary), Message Switching, D971, D1307 and D1631 print production.
Statistical prints detailing VISION usage are produced for management information.
Warnings, inhibits, and investigation in progress can also be set to alert interested parties.
There is a basic guide for new users of VISION.
LM Review Code 251
This review code has been created for VISION and VRT Risk Rule purposes.
The review code will indicate that a business is operating in the Labour Market industry and can be set on VISION.
There is a corresponding VRT Risk Rule that will score if a new VAT1 application has an associated business where the review code has been set on VISION.
It is important that we set the code for all LM cases.
How to set the review code:
- From VISION main menu select Option 2 Enter Data Capture.
- From next menu select Option 6, VAT132.
- On the form set office code as 251, insert VAT registration number and 1 for insert.
- Send form.
- If successfully sent, on returning to the previous screen you will see at the bottom a Thank you message – the form (s) will be processed as soon as possible.
- The following working day check screen R1 on VISION to ensure it has been set successfully.